OOTYULTRA could be a tough running event for many and offers various challenges and medical risks to the participating runners. We, therefore, request every runner to carefully follow and understand the event rules, medical warnings and risks, and the various terms and conditions, crafted for your memorable experience, comfort, and safety. On behalf of the OOTYULTRA team, we request your total cooperation in making OOTYULTRA a safe, and beautiful experience for everyone. Race Director
Your safety is important
Running is an exciting sport; however, can pose several medical risks for those who are not fit enough. Our primary wish is to create a most memorable, safe, and beautiful event participation experience for all runners across all age groups from all across the world. Therefore, we request every participant to carefully follow and understand the event rules, exercise-related medical warnings, and risks to enjoy the experience comfortably and safely.
Proper running etiquette is expected at all times, including maintaining awareness of your surroundings, following road traffic rules & safety precautions, especially during the COVID-19 and lockdown times, and the instructions provided to you by the race director. Running during the pandemic could pose additional risks for the participating runners or the general public. Please wear masks responsibly with care, maintain social distancing norms published by the government authorities.
HDOR virtual platform usage
By signing up for the virtual running event, you also agree to the rules published by the HDOR virtual platform for reporting your virtual run details.
Running data reporting & validity
All runners will ensure that they are regular at submitting their daily running data within the event window, to the HDOR application virtual platform. Only running data recorded using a supported GPS device through HDOR supported applications will be considered valid. No manual entries will be allowed.
Your virtual running data recorded during the 1-4 Apr 2021, must be reported before 5-Apr-2021. Participants will also not blame the event organizers in case they fail to submit their running data in a timely manner.
Conduct & honesty with data reporting
The participants may not engage in any verbal, written, or actual misconduct that is abusive, harassing, insulting, or offensive, even if it does not fall within the prohibitions that are outlined in Rules of Event. All the runners will submit your running data accurately and honestly.
Cheating and impersonating
- Cheating or impersonating any other runner in any form will not be allowed. You will not take any lift/ride in vehicles of any kind to complete your virtual run. They must not copy another participant’s data, and make claims as theirs, even if they had run with the other runner but did not have any valid data proof. Using another person’s GPS data is not acceptable for the participants to show as their data.
- If found cheating, you will be disqualified from the event and will not receive the goodie bag, barred from participating in any future editions of OOTYULTRA.
2020 returning runners – refund credit code usage
OOTYULTRA 2020 registered / returning runners (8)
All the OOTYULTRA 2020 runners had received a refund credit code sent along with the refund credit email. The refund credit codes were pre-loaded with a certain amount (equivalent to 30% of your OOTYULTRA 2020 entry ticket price) due to the cancellation of the event.
KaysFIT Academy, the organizers have decided to enhance the refund credit value and provide you with a 100% free entry to the Spirit of Ultramalaivasi Virtual run in the same distance category if you register before 28-Feb-2021** The virtual run ticket prices are set to be increased from 1-Mar-2021
Your refund credit code is now pre-loaded with the full ticket launch price given below. This amount is valid only for this virtual running event. Please understand the conditions listed below.
|Your 2020 registered category –>||15k||30k||60k||90k|
|Refund credit code preloaded value for the 2021 virtual run –>||Rs. 1295||Rs. 1410||Rs. 1540||Rs. 1650|
The following conditions apply,
- The refund credit code can be used to purchase your virtual run entry ticket
- The refund credit code can be used only once.
- Your refund credit code MUST BE USED only on the same race category that of your OOTYULTRA 2020.
- Any changes to the distance category can be done only after your re-registration in the same category (ex. you have registered for 30k in 2020 and want to run 60k OOTYULTRA 2021, first register in 30k and write to firstname.lastname@example.org for an upgrade or downgrade.
- All category upgrades are priced at Rs. 400+18% GST.
- The virtual run ticket prices are set to be increased from 1-Mar-2021. Complete your registration before this time window to get a 100% ticket entry waiver. After this date, you will have to pay the difference amount.
Yes – you must re-register again with the refund code sent to you.
However, if you do not wish to use the refund credit code you can use it for the 2021 edition. The pre-loaded amount will be the same as the refund code value sent to you through email on 31-Jul-2020.
Yes, anyone with the unique refund credit code can register. We will not do any further validation. We request you to keep the code safe if you wish to use it in the future.
You can upgrade to a higher distance category by paying an upgrade fee of Rs. 400/- + 18% GST after completing your re-registration – write to email@example.com with your
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address with your TOWNSCRIPT ticket ID as a reference. We will send you the code to your address.
f. I have a higher value refund credit, can I register for a lower distance? (can I use the code multiple times?)
Yes, you can use your refund credit code to register for a shorter distance category. The difference in the ticket prize will not be refunded to you or carried over to the future events. Your refund credit code can be used only once.
g. I’m living abroad & OOTYULTRA 2020 registered runner. I’m interested in the Virtual Run, can you send the goodie bag/medals to me?
At this time we are evaluating the options to include foreign participants and also to send the goodie bag with the event souvenir T-Shirt and the Medal for additional international shipping and courier charges. We will make some announcements regarding this in the coming weeks.
h. I’ll not be able to participate in this Virtual Run – can I use the refund credit code for future events?
Please check the instructions (sent to you through email on 31-Jul-2020) on how you can use the refund credit code for participating in the OOTYULTRA or any other events organized by KaysFIT Academy.
Conditions for receiving the goodie bag & finisher medal
Your OOTYULTRA 4″ personalized custom medal (with your name) will be sent to you only when you complete your distance category in ONE SINGLE ATTEMPT and must have recorded it through the supported running tracking platforms connected to the HDOR platform
Goodie bag & delivery
All participants living in India will receive a goodie bag within 3-4 weeks after the event window.
Due to the COVID-19 & lock-down limitations, shipping of your medal / T-Shirt may be delayed, and we request you to anticipate a delay up to one month after completion of the event window.
Lockdown restrictions, special scenarios
OOTYULTRA 2021 will be conducted between 1-4 Apr 2021. As it is a virtual event it provides you with an option of choosing your favorite and a safe running route during these pandemic times. If you are unable to complete the OOTYULTRA virtual run due to any government-imposed lockdown in your area of running during the OOTYULTRA event window, we will consider this as a special occurrence and may provide you with a flexible option of completing your virtual run at a much safer time.
Race category, upgrade, downgrade, transfers
- Non-refundable ticket
- You understand and agree that your entry ticket is non-refundable
- Discounted tickets can be transferred to another runner by paying the difference in the full ticket price + applicable taxes & online transaction charges
- If you wish to transfer your ticket to another runner, write to email@example.com
- Transfer of your ticket without a transfer fee will be allowed during the Ticket Transfer Window (15-Jan-2021 to 5-Mar-2021), and after that, there will be a transfer fee applied
- You are allowed to downgrade your race distance category without any additional fees within the ticket transfer window and upgrade by paying an upgrade fee.
- For any reason you cannot participate during the event window, your entry will be marked as DNP (did not participate) no refund of any form will be given.
- Fill out the registration form fields accurately to help us identify you and also reach out to you if necessary.
- Provide us with a secure email ID/mobile number that you can regularly access since this will be our primary means of communication during the run-up to the event.
- Users of email services that offer filtering/blocking of messages from an unknown email address should add this email id firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Communication & updates
- We will be sending regular updates to the registered email address you have provided while completing your registration. These updates, if they are inadvertently treated as spam, you shall not take any action against the organizers or the service providers.
- Any notice sent to the email address registered with the organizers shall be deemed as received by the runners.
- You agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers from time to time in the best interest of your health and event safety.
- Please note you must abide by the rules set by the local administration, authorities, and police team.
Medical warning & risks
Physical Activities Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q)
Understand the PAR-Q – strongly recommended checklist for all the runners.
You are aware that running/long-distance running is an extreme sport and can be dangerous to the body and health. You take full responsibility for participating in the OOTYULTRA virtual event and do not hold its members or entities responsible for any injury or accident.
- You shall consult your physician and undergo a complete medical examination to assess your suitability to participate in the event.
- You also assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including, but not limited to, falls & fractures, colliding with other runners or pedestrians or vehicles on the road. You may also get affected by cold/changing weather conditions, including high heat or humidity, traffic and the poor state of the streets, arson or terrorist threats, and all other risks associated with a public place. You are aware that you may experience some of the most common conditions like simple to severe muscle cramps, dehydration, and or hypoglycemia.
- Severe medical conditions such as cardiac arrest or brain stroke are rare but are considered to be possible emergencies that may occur in an endurance sport, and you are aware of its consequences.
- If you are a minor running the virtual run, you must always be accompanied by one of your parents or the designated guardian. You must never run alone.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY & WAIVER OF CLAIMS & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
I agree that OOTYULTRA & KaysFIT Academy shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness, or injury that might occur as a result of my participation in the event.
I’m also aware that my entry ticket is non-refundable.
I acknowledge and agree that my personal information, including any photos, will be stored and used by OOTYULTRA or KaysFIT Academy any other company in connection with the organization, promotion, and administration of the event. We may even use these data for the compilation of statistical information.
I understand that Ultra Running is a potentially dangerous activity, which demands high physical and mental abilities from me. I agree to participate in my responsibility and of my own accord.
I acknowledge that for the organizers to accept my request to participate in this event, I agree to all the conditions listed on this page/waiver document. I further acknowledge that neither members of the organization, nor other participants of the event, are responsible for my safety.
I agree to accompany my minor son or daughter running the OOTYULTRA or assign a guardian (>18 years old) to accompany him/her.
Understanding the risk assumption, I willingly and voluntarily participate in the event and, hereby, agree to assume and accept any and all risks of injury or death. I hereby release the organizers from any responsibility.
I agree to assume all injury and life-threatening risks that may occur while I am en-route to and from the activity locations, and while involved in the event, whether or not under the direct supervision of the organizers and its officers, agents, employees, interns, volunteers, representatives, sponsors, and all others associated with the organization.
I acknowledge that the organizers do not carry any liability, accident, or health insurance responsibility of any kind for the runner.
I agree to release the organizers, its officers, agents, employees, interns, volunteers, representatives, sponsors, and all others associated with the organizers from any, and all liability and do not hold them accountable for any property damage or personal injury to any third party that may result from my activities and participation in the event.
I agree that this release shall be effective immediately upon my ticket registration, binding upon the undersigned, and extends to my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, personal representatives, and assigns.
By my signature below, I warrant that I,
- I have read and understood the event rules, terms & conditions, and all its provisions.
- I understand the risks associated with participation in the event
- I assume all risks and full responsibility that may occur by participating in the event
- Hereby knowingly and intentionally release the organizers, its officers, agents, employees, interns, volunteers, representatives, sponsors, and all other parties involved from any, and all claims, demands, injuries, actions (including third party claims), and damage of any kind, including from nature, that may arise out of, or in connection with, participating in the organizers, regardless of whether such claims are based upon negligence or other grounds.
- I am of the full age of 18 years old.
- Speak and understand English, and understand and follow the rules, terms & conditions, and the medical warnings
Signed by the runner (YOUR FIRST NAME, LAST NAME)