OOTYULTRA is a tough road run and offers various challenges and medical risks to the participating runners. We are bound by the guidelines and restrictions set up by the police and local administrators surrounding this event. It is our primary goal to provide a most memorable, safe, and beautiful ultramarathon experience for all runners across all age groups.
We, therefore, request every runner to carefully follow and understand the event rules, medical warnings and risks, and the terms and conditions, for your memorable experience, comfort, and safety.
On behalf of the OOTYULTRA team, we request your total cooperation in making OOTYULTRA a safe, memorable, and beautiful experience for everyone.
In case of any event day issues, the decision taken by the race director will be final, and you agree to cooperate with the crew and volunteers to serve us one of the best racing experiences.
Rules, Terms, and Conditions
All OOTYULTRA runners must be 100% vaccinated before 2-Apr-2022, Saturday. Please do not participate if you have a history of COVID-19 and, have not recovered from it. Consult with a doctor and get a clearance before signing up for the event. All runners must show proof of full vaccination before collecting your race kit.
For reasons beyond the organizer’s control due to force majeure or restrictions by the government authority, the event may be postponed to a suitable future date for organizing it in OOTY.
Race categories, entry qualification & cut-off
- 90k: Only on an invitation
- 60k: A full marathon completed within 5:50:00 after 1-Aug-2021, an official race result or strava/garmin GPS data will be accepted. Your qualification run must be completed before 28-Feb-2022. You will be automatically downgraded to 30k after that period.
- 30k: No pre-qualification required, strongly recommend you to be capable running a half marathon within 3 hrs
- 15k: No pre-qualification required, strongly recommend you to be capable of running 10k comfortably
Read the FAQ section for more information
The OOTYULTRA is a road race, and after the official start of your race category, the race time will start ticking.
- The 90k course will remain open for 12.00.00 hrs
- The 60k course will remain open for 10:30 hrs
- The 30k course will remain open for 5:30 hrs
- The 15k category will have no time limit or cut off time, and all the finishers will get their finisher medal. However, the last mobile aid-station located approximately at the 12k mark will be operational only for 2 hr 30 min from the race start.
- All the 90k, 60k & 30k runners who are found to be on the course after the cut-off will be declared as Did Not Finish (DNF) and swept away by the race director or the run managers
- All the 90k, 60k & 30k reaching the finish line after the cut-off timing or reaching the finish line with any other means of transportation will not be eligible to get the finisher medal.
- All the DNF runners will not receive the finisher medal and any other form of recognition including electronic finish with timing certificate.
You must participate only in your registered category to earn your custom finisher medal.
- All 90k runners must cross all the timing mats at the start, 15k, 30k, 60k and at the finish, and must do this within the cut-off time specified
- All 60k runners must cross all the timing mats at the start, 15k, 30k and at the finish, and must do this within the cut-off time specified
- All 30k runners must cross all the timing mats at the start, 15k and at the finish, and must do this within the cut-off time specified
- A 15k runner must cross all the timing mats at the start & at the finish.
Course distance and accuracy
The course is measured using multiple GPS devices and the distances are approximate. There will be an error in the actual course distance. Please read the individual distance category pages to understand this. No additional time will be awarded for any variations found in your personal GPS devices
Special tickets and discounts
- OOTYULTRA may offer discounted tickets to Indian armed personnel (serving and retired), Tamil Nadu Police, Tamil Nadu Fire Department, Indian Railways Police, and Tamil Nadu Forest Department. You MUST buy this category of the ticket only if you are a serving or a retired member. The discount is NOT applicable to any other member of your family or your friends. You must upload a valid service identity document while buying your ticket, and display before collecting your BIB at the #ultramalaivasi Expo.
- Your entry will be canceled without any refund if we find any misuse of this facility or if you fail to show a valid service identity card.
- This discount is applicable ONLY on the Indian Outstation Runners tickets. This discount is not applicable to the Nilgiris District Runners or Foreign National Runners.
- If you buy your entry ticket under The Nilgiris District residents category and if you can not provide a valid Nilgiris District residential status ID proof, you will have to pay a penalty of Rs. 500/- per ticket along with the difference in the ticket price + 18% GST to run as an Indian Outstation Category runner for us to allow your participation. Failing which we will cancel your registration and no money will be refunded. This is considered to be a misuse of the facility given only to the residents of The Nilgiris district.
- All foreign nationals must buy the tickets marked for Foreign Nationals only. Your entry will be canceled, and no money will be refunded if a valid passport and visa is not shown.
- Already discounted tickets are not eligible for group discounts.
BIB & race kit collection
- You are not allowed to transfer or sell your BIB to another runner. If you wish to transfer your ticket to another runner, write to email@example.com. Transfer of your ticket without a transfer fee will be allowed before the Ticket Transfer Window, and after that, there will be a transfer fee applied. For 90k, 60k & 30k tickets, the runner receiving the ticket transfer must meet the entry qualification conditions.
- Photo identification card – All non-Indian citizens will have to provide a photocopy of the front and back pages of their passport showing their photo identity and details of passport along with a valid visa before receiving your BIB.
- Armed personnel and Nilgiris District residents who have claimed a discount must show proof of service or residential identity before collecting your BIB/race kit.
- All Indian citizens must show a copy of their government-issued ID card for verification before collecting your BIB/race kit.
- You must show a proof of full vaccination before collecting your BIB & race kit.
- Do not negotiate with the organizers & BIB counter volunteers during the bib-collection if you do not have any identification to show.
- You can authorize another runner to collect your race kit with T-Shirt on your behalf by showing an authorization email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (the BIB will not be given)
- OOTYULTRA race BIB with timing-chip will be given only to the registered runners appearing in person, and not to the person collecting your race kit.
Your identification on the race day
- You will wear only the BIB allocated to you with your name. You will not give your BIB to another runner to participate if you are unable to run the OOTYULTRA or unable to run anytime during the race. The race director or the run managers have the right to stop any runners wearing proxy bibs.
- During the race, you must wear your BIB on the front/chest side, and it must be visible till you complete your run.
Cheating and impersonating
- Cheating or impersonating any other runner in any form will not be allowed. You will not take any lift/ride in vehicles of any kind and arrive at the finish line to claim a valid finish.
- If found cheating, you will be disqualified from the event, and an announcement with the name will be posted on our website and also on our social media pages. You will also be blacklisted from entering any events organized by KaysFIT Academy in the future.
Timing mats, race start and grace time, valid finish
- You have a 10 mins window to start the race after the official flag-off is complete, and you will not be allowed to begin your race after this grace time. The late starters will not get any additional time. Also, after 10 minutes, the timing mat at the start point will be removed.
You must cross all the timing mats placed at the following locations,
- 15k runners: Located at the start & the 15k finish point
- 30k runners: Located at the start, at the 15k & the 30k finish point
- 60k runners: Located at the start, at the 15k, at the 30k & the 60k finish point
- 90 runners: Located at the start, at the 15k, at the 30k, at the 60k & the 90k finish point
You will be marked DNF and will not be eligible to receive a finisher medal if you skip any of the timing mats.
The organizers will have the right to change the start point, endpoint, or the race route depending on the permissions from the local authorities.
You are allowed to quit the race anytime due to injury, sickness, fatigue, or for reasons which are not listed here. Your health and safety are essential and critical, and you are requested not to feel shy to approach our race director, run managers, medical and security team members, or the lead volunteers in the aid stations, in case of any support. You will be marked DNF.
Conduct & respecting other runners
- Respect other runners and the race volunteers, do not enter into any quarrel or dispute with anyone on the course. If there are issues, you are expected to report the matter to the run managers or the race director.
- Dress appropriately, and no nudity / partial nudity is allowed.
- Do not run under the influence of any severe medications, drugs, narcotics, or other banned substances. Drinking alcohol is not allowed in the event.
Your entry ticket, race category, upgrade, downgrade, transfers, cancellation
Choose the race category carefully; confirmed registrations are non-refundable
- You understand and agree that your entry ticket is non-refundable
- Discounted tickets can be transferred to another runner by paying the difference in the full ticket price + applicable taxes & online transaction charges.
- Any amount collected from “rejected application” alone will be refunded, excluding administrative charges Rs. 500/- per ticket, GST already paid, and bank transaction charges wherever applicable.
- For any reason you cannot participate, your entry will be marked as DNP (did not participate) no refund of any form will be given.
- If you wish to transfer your ticket to another runner, write to email@example.com
- Transfer of your ticket will be allowed only if the tickets are purchased before 28-Feb-2022
- You are allowed to downgrade your race distance category without any additional fees within the ticket transfer window
- You are allowed upgrade by paying an upgrade fee, such requests will be entertained only if received before 10-Mar-2022
Registration & entry qualification
- Fill out the registration form fields accurately to help us identify you and also reach out to you if necessary.
- If we find that you have provided given wrong qualification records, your entry will be canceled, or you may be downgraded to a lower distance category. No refund will be provided. You will not receive the custom finisher medal. The organizers reserve the right to offer you an entry on the race day.
- Provide us with a secure email ID/mobile number that you can regularly access since this will be our primary means of communication during the run-up to the event.
- Users of email services that offer filtering/blocking of messages from an unknown email address should add this email id firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication & updates from the organizers
- We will be sending regular updates to the registered email address you have provided while completing your registration. These updates, if they are inadvertently treated as spam, you shall not take any action against the organizers or the service providers.
- Any notice sent to the email address registered with the organizers shall be deemed as received by the runners.
- You agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers from time to time in the best interest of your health and event safety.
- You also agree to stop running if instructed by the Race Director, run managers, or the Medical Staff or by the Aid Station Volunteers for any reasons which are not described are announced before. Please note the race must abide by the rules set by the local administration, authorities, and police team.
- You will not be allowed to stay on the course beyond the cut-off time, considering the safety and health issues. You will be taken to the finish line in rescue vehicles and will be considered as DNF. Should you decide to quit during the race, you are encouraged to reach the nearest aid-station and are expected to wait for the recovery bus to come and pick you up.
Medical warning & risks
Understand the Physical Activities Readiness Questionnaire by following this link –> PAR-Q
OOTYULTRA is a road run, and there will be light vehicular traffic throughout the course. OOTY is in the forest area, and wild animals including Wild Guars, may be present, and you may encounter stray dogs. Do not attempt to provocate the animals or go near them on the pretext of taking pictures or selfies. You are expected to run with the company of other runners and follow the safety guidelines published by the race director. You are aware of the dangers and take full responsibility to be safe.
You are aware that running/long-distance running is an extreme sport and can be dangerous to body and health. You take full responsibility for participating in the OOTYULTRA event and do not hold the organizing committee or any of its members or entities responsible for any injury or accident.
- You shall consult your physician and undergo a complete medical examination to assess your suitability to participate in the event.
- You also assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including, but not limited to, falls & fracture, colliding with other runners or pedestrians on the road. You may also get affected cold/changing weather conditions, including high heat or humidity, traffic and the poor state of the streets, arson or terrorist threats, and all other risks associated with a public event. You are aware that you may experience some of the most common conditions like simple to severe muscle cramps, dehydration, and or hypoglycemia.
- Severe medical conditions such as cardiac arrest or brain stroke are rare but are considered to be possible emergencies that may occur in an endurance event, and you are aware of its consequences.
- Our team of volunteers / first-responders and the medical crew will provide you with first-aid and basic life support. In case of a medical emergency, our team will take the victims to the nearest available hospital for advanced medical support. The nearest hospital is located in Ooty, 8 km from the finish point, and 30 km from the farthest part of the running venue.
- If you are a minor running the OOTYULTRA, you must always be accompanied by one of your parents or the designated guardian. You must never run alone on the OOTYULTRA course.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY & WAIVER OF CLAIMS & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
I agree that OOTYULTRA shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness, or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the event.
I confirm that, in the event of adverse weather conditions, major incidents, or threats on the day, pandemic, any of the force majeure, or restriction by authority, the organizers reserve the right to stop or cancel or even postpone the event to a suitable future date convenient for organizing the event in OOTY
I’m aware that my entry ticket is non-refundable.
I acknowledge and agree that your personal information, including the event day photos and images, will be stored and used by OOTYULTRA or KaysFIT Academy any other company in connection with the organization, promotion, and administration of the event & compilation of statistical information.
I understand that Ultra Running is a potentially dangerous activity, which demands high physical and mental abilities from me. I agree to participate in my responsibility and of my own accord.
I acknowledge that for the organizers to accept my request to participate in this event, I agree to all the conditions listed in this page/waiver document. I further acknowledge that neither members of the organization, nor other participants of the event, are responsible for my safety.
I agree to accompany my minor son or daughter running the OOTYULTRA or assign a guardian (>18 years old) to accompany him/her.
Understanding the risk assumption, I willingly and voluntarily participate in the event and, hereby, agree to assume and accept any and all risks of injury or death. I hereby release the organizers from any responsibility.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during the event. If I should suffer injury or illness, I authorize the organizers, its officers, agents, employees, interns, volunteers, representatives, sponsors, and all others associated with the Organization, to use their discretion to administer first-aid and transportation to a medical facility at my responsibility and cost.
I agree to assume all injury and life-threatening risks that may occur while I am en-route to and from the activity locations, and while involved in the event, whether or not under the direct supervision of the organizers and its officers, agents, employees, interns, volunteers, representatives, sponsors, and all others associated with the organization.
I acknowledge that the organizers do not carry any liability, accident, or health insurance responsibility of any kind for the runner.
I hereby acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment during the event, even when the organizer’s staff and associates transport those items.
I agree to release the organizers, its officers, agents, employees, interns, volunteers, representatives, sponsors, and all others associated with the organizers from any, and all liability and do not hold them accountable for any property damage or personal injury to any third party that may result from my activities and participation in the event.
I agree that this release shall be effective immediately upon my ticket registration, binding upon the undersigned, and extends to my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, personal representatives, and assigns.
By my signature below, I warrant that
- I have read and understood the event rules, medical warning & risks, terms & conditions, and all its provisions.
- I understand the risks associated with participation in the event
- I assume all risks and full responsibility that may occur by participating in the event
- Hereby knowingly and intentionally release the organizers, its officers, agents, employees, interns, volunteers, representatives, sponsors, and all others parties involved from any, and all claims, demands, injuries, actions (including third party claims), and damage of any kind, including from nature, that may arise out of, or in connection with, participating in the organizers, regardless of whether such claims are based upon negligence or other grounds.
- I am of the full age of 18 years old.
- Speak and understand English, and understand and follow the rules, terms & conditions and the medical warnings
Signed by the runner (YOUR FIRST NAME, LAST NAME)