Attention: All OOTYULTRA 2020 Returning Runners!! your entry to the OOTYULTRA 2021 – The Spirit of #Ultramalaivasi Virtual Run (in the same category) is free if you register for the event before 28-Feb-2021 in the same event category that of 2020. Read the instructions to learn more about how you can complete the entry process using the refund credit code sent to you on 31-Jul-2020
About the Spirit of Ultramalaivasi Virtual Ultramarathon (2)
A virtual run is a running challenge you enter where you are expected to meet a target e.g completing OOTYULTRA 2021 – The Spirit of #Ultramalaivasi Virtual run 30k distance
Virtual races are very similar to OOTYULTRA real event – you enter a race and when you finish, apart from accomplishing the goal, you get a medal, goodies, and bragging rights :). However, the OOTYULTRA 2021 virtual race will be different from the real in a few different ways:
- You can choose to complete the race whenever you like during the OOTYULTRA 2021 event window between 1-4th April 2021
- You can complete the race wherever you like but in a safe place, either by running alone or with your friends.
- In a real race, your start and finish time will be recorded with the help of the RFID tags attached to your BIB. But in a virtual run, you are expected to record your running data using a GPS watch or using a running tracking application on your GPS enabled phone like Strava, MapMyRun, or Garmin
- You must connect your tracking applications to the HDOR virtual platform and view the leaderboard information of individual or groups
“2020 has sure been a challenging and unpredictable year for all. Lockdowns, not being able to travel to see our family and friends, businesses closing down, and – yes – races being canceled! Yet, these setbacks can’t bring the runner’s in us down. We will continue moving!” – Olesja Ossipenko, GavaTea, the Title Sponsor of OOTYULTRA 2021
The Spirit of #Ultramalaivasi Virtual Run, our new event, will be conducted between the 1st to 4th of April, 2021, in place of OOTYULTRA!
The COVID-19 pandemic has literally shut down all sporting events and the 3rd edition of the OOTYULTRA was postponed and eventually canceled. Conducting the regular OOTYULTRA marathon in April 2021 is not feasible at this time.
The prime idea behind this virtual run is to unite the OOTYULTRA running fans across the world through the spirit of running and at the same time provide greater value through the product & services engagement opportunities to the sponsors and partners.
The virtual event will offer 15k, 30k, 60k & 90k distances.
The registrations for this event will begin from the 1st of Jan, 2021.
“Welcome to OOTYULTRA & the Spirit of Ultramalaivasi Run, the first-ever virtual running event from KaysFIT Academy. OOTYULTRA originally started as a training run for a few aspiring Comrades marathon runners in Ooty. Over the years it has been growing as one of the most beautiful running events that provide a challenging yet memorable racing experience to runners across the world. Since its first edition, OOTYULTRA is loved by recreational runners and serious ultramarathoners for its uniqueness and has grown in multiple folds. OOTYULTRA also takes pride in promoting marathon tourism in the most enchanting Nilgiris District. Our crew and volunteers strive to provide a “wow” experience to the runners, whether it is a physical or a virtual event, at the same time offering the best value for the association to sponsors & the partners’ – Coach Kay, Founder & Race Director, OOTYULTRA
Important Dates (3)
The virtual event will start on the 1-Apr-2020, Thursday and will end on the 4-Apr-2020, Sunday.
3-Apr-2020, Saturday at 6.00 pm IST
Registration – Virtual Run (3)
OOTYULTRA organizing crew knows that we will not be able to bring you the real-world experience of running in the beautiful and challenging Nilgiris Mountains. However, we are striving our best to make the entire experience a memorable and rewarding one for every runner. Join us in this Spirit of Ultramalaivasi Run and experience the love and the hospitality of OOTYULTRA through the Goodie Bag contents. Excited!!Coach Kay, Founder & Race Director, OOTYULTRA
- A memorable goodie bag sent to your registered address anywhere in INDIA which will have,
- A beautiful #ultramalaivasi anytime-wear T-Shirt (all participants)
- A surprise gift from Twin Birds, our co-sponsor (only for women runners) for a value of Rs. 379 to Rs. 429 (depends on the size).
- Partner products (all participants)
- OOTYULTRA laser cut 4″ dia medal – only by completing the chosen distance in ONE SINGLE ATTEMPT reported in the HDOR virtual platform. NO MEDAL WHEN NO DATA IS REPORTED IN HDOR. NO MEDAL WHEN THE CHOSEN DISTANCE IS COMPLETED IN MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS.
By signing up for the OOTYULTRA, you will automatically have access to the HDOR OOTYULTRA 2021 virtual dashboard & an e-certificate (after completing the virtual run) + a load of bragging rights!
The packaging & courier charges included in your ticket price.
Brace yourself for an awesome #ultramalaivasi experience!
You can register for multiple distance categories. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this.
OOTYULTRA 2020 registered / returning runners (8)
All the OOTYULTRA 2020 runners had received a refund credit code sent along with the refund credit email. The refund credit codes were pre-loaded with a certain amount (equivalent to 30% of your OOTYULTRA 2020 entry ticket price) due to the cancellation of the event.
KaysFIT Academy, the organizers have decided to enhance the refund credit value and provide you with a 100% free entry to the Spirit of Ultramalaivasi Virtual run in the same distance category if you register before 28-Feb-2021** The virtual run ticket prices are set to be increased from 1-Mar-2021
Your refund credit code is now pre-loaded with the full ticket launch price given below. This amount is valid only for this virtual running event. Please understand the conditions listed below.
|Your 2020 registered category –>||15k||30k||60k||90k|
|Refund credit code preloaded value for the 2021 virtual run –>||Rs. 1295||Rs. 1410||Rs. 1540||Rs. 1650|
The following conditions apply,
- The refund credit code can be used to purchase your virtual run entry ticket
- The refund credit code can be used only once
- Your refund credit code MUST BE USED only on the same race category that of your OOTYULTRA 2020.
- Any changes to the distance category can be done only after your re-registration in the same category (ex. you have registered for 30k in 2020 and want to run 60k OOTYULTRA 2021, first register in 30k and write to email@example.com for an upgrade or downgrade.
- All category upgrades are priced at Rs. 400+18% GST.
- The virtual run ticket prices are set to be increased from 1-Mar-2021. Complete your registration before this time window to get a 100% ticket entry waiver. After this date, you will have to pay the difference amount.
Yes – you must re-register again with the refund code sent to you.
However, if you do not wish to use the refund credit code you can use it for the 2021 edition. The pre-loaded amount will be the same as the refund code value sent to you through email on 31-Jul-2020.
Yes, anyone with the unique refund credit code can register. We will not do any further validation. We request you to keep the code safe if you wish to use it in the future.
You can upgrade to a higher distance category by paying an upgrade fee of Rs. 400/- + 18% GST after completing your re-registration – write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your
Please write to email@example.com from your registered email address with your TOWNSCRIPT ticket ID as a reference. We will send you the code to your address.
f. I have a higher value refund credit, can I register for a lower distance? (can I use the code multiple times?)
Yes, you can use your refund credit code to register for a shorter distance category. The difference in the ticket prize will not be refunded to you or carried over to the future events. Your refund credit code can be used only once.
g. I’m living abroad & OOTYULTRA 2020 registered runner. I’m interested in the Virtual Run, can you send the goodie bag/medals to me?
At this time we are evaluating the options to include foreign participants and also to send the goodie bag with the event souvenir T-Shirt and the Medal for additional international shipping and courier charges. We will make some announcements regarding this in the coming weeks.
h. I’ll not be able to participate in this Virtual Run – can I use the refund credit code for future events?
Please check the instructions (sent to you through email on 31-Jul-2020) on how you can use the refund credit code for participating in the OOTYULTRA or any other events organized by KaysFIT Academy.
There is an early bird offer valid for all tickets purchased before 28-Feb-2021.
- The registration is open only for those living in India.
- When you click the register link button below you will be taken to the HDOR site, where you can create your virtual platform profile & buy the ticket at the same time.
- Use your HDOR platform credentials if you already have one or create one if you are a new user of the platform (you can also integrate your Strava, MapMyRun, and Garmin profiles to record your OOTYULTRA virtual run between 1-4 April 2021)
- If you are an OOTYULTRA 2020 returning runner, use your refund credit code as a discount code to register your ticket for free and must be used only to register in the SAME event category of OOTYULTRA 2020.
- Read the FAQs section to learn more about the event & event Rules, Terms, and Conditions before signing up.
- After you complete your registration, you will receive an email confirmation with the ticket & the receipt. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions related to the HDOR platform.
- Write to email@example.com for group registrations or any other queries.