THIS IS BY INVITATION/APPLICATION ONLY CATEGORY, SEE THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR 90k ENTRY
About The 90k Route
90k OOTYULRA will be run on mountain roads (~3853 m elevation gain) with close to 50 km non-repeating sections. The first 5 km is run on flat roads, and the ascend to the Dodabetta Peak starts from the 6k onwards. From there till about 10k, it is an uphill which will take you to the second-highest peak in South India.
Most runners will reach Doddabetta peak at a time when the daylight is already broken, and you can have a breathtaking view of the blue mountains from that height. Some early runners can even witness the sun rising from the plains, and on a clear day, one can also see the Ooty town, the lake, and the racecourse clearly.
After the 10 km, you will run down and reach the 4 roads junction and run towards Kothagiri. At the 15 km, you will reach the Tea Garden, this is the finish point for all categories. After crossing the timing mat and the checkpoint, you will run towards Kotagiri to finish the next 15km section. Follow the route markers on the roads and road intersections carefully.
The 15k to 30k is a single route with steep downhill sections till about 23k and a steep uphill section, which will bring you back to the Tea Park.
Tea Park is an adequately stocked fuel station to recharge before heading out to finish the extended 30 km non-repeating section to get back to the Tea Park.
The final 30 km will be done in the reverse direction, and you will finish at the Tea Park.
Distance accuracy: The 90k distance is approximate with a +/- 2.5 km due to variations in the measurements approach vs. GPS device accuracy
Start & Finish locations
- Start point: YWCA Anandagiri
- Finish point: Government Tea Park, Battarkambai) ~8.3 km away from the start
- Read the FAQ & Race Rules pages carefully
- Must be 18 years of old
- Only for experienced ultramarathoners are allowed to participate in this category (a few of the qualification pointers listed below)
- History of running several ultramarathons
- A ~sub 4:10 hrs full-marathon finish
- OOTYULTRA 2019 60k in sub 8:15 hrs
- Comrades Marathon 2019 in sub 10.15 hrs (or similar mountain ultras completed in the year 2019 & 2020)
- 12 hr Stadium run finisher with 100+ kms
- Or – other challenging ultras in a in a similar terrain/elevation/distance/time credentials
- If you have the above qualificaiton, we encourage you to fill the form found in the bottom of this page. Our team will contact you if we shortlist your profile. Further to that you will be able to buy the ticket.
- Check the registration page
- Plan to reach Ooty on Saturday before 12.00 pm
- Recommended to depart from Ooty on Monday after a good rest on Sunday
- Visit the Travel section to learn more about the travel options
- Approx every 5 km
Aid Station Supplies
- Ultramarathon friendly fuel
- Breakfast (at 30k)
- Lunch (at the finish)
- Your BIB must be worn on your chest
- A working mobile phone with event emergency number stored in it
- 2 layers of clothing to protect from cold/wind (first 1 hr)
- Headscarf to protect ears at the start line
- Hand gloves (recommended for first timers to the mountains)
- 4.00 pm @ the #ultramalaivasi Expo, on Saturday
- Post-race lunch
- Medical & Recovery tent at the finish area
- Buses will bring you back to Ooty, check the pre-event announcements regarding the bus timings